We are seeking a dependable and organized Class A truck driver who possesses a great deal of physical and mental stamina who thrives working the legal maximum time on the road and can consistently ensure safe and accurate deliveries. Must be detail-oriented, efficient, and have a clean driving record.
Class A Truck Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Ensure trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to tractor unit
- Pick-up loads and organize goods in an ordered, logical manner
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected destinations
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries with clients
- Assist in mapping delivery routes
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid Class A driver’s license required
- 2+ years proven experience with tractor-trailer driving preferred
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Must pass background check and drug test
- Comfortable maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Able to operate forklift
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems